Paris Fashion Week FW07 Wrap Up IV

Paris Fashion Week just doesn't seem complete without me rambling on and on about Chloe. So here I go. . .

Chloe
The much anticipated first collection by their new designer Paulo Melim Andersson, this collection was exciting and definitely different from what we have come to expect from Chloe. Gone was the effortlessly cool girly girl and in stomps the angry girl in her fiery red doc marten platforms. Personally I am not sure I relate to this new angry girl persona, but it is definitely refreshing and not boring!

I love the length of the skirts, showing just the right amount of leg, and silhouette here. But I'm not too hot about these orangey splashes of red. . although to be fair, I'm not too hot about anything orangey.
And I thought that these prints and patterns were very refreshing, combined with Chloe's typical designs. And I'm loving the use of the thin gray belts here, it adds just the right amount of detail to the outfits!
The first two looks here are reminiscent of the old Chloe, which I still adore. But I am also loving Paulo's new interpretation of the shift dress here (right) with the open neckline and vertical stripes of silver and glam.
What I'm not loving so much are these. Maybe its the color choice, but I just don't like the first two outfits here. And the green shift dress with all that wash and beads just looks like something cheap one can grab off the stalls in Bali.


Overall, I still don't know how I feel about Paulo, I mean, can we really tell judge a book by its cover? We'll just have to wait and see if he's a hit or a miss. . .

John Galliano
Then there is Galliano, who never fails to amuse.
At first, I was appauled and somewhat freaked out by the facial expressions, make-up and overdramatic-ness of this collection. Some of the models look transexual too i.e. left, center. But if you look past the mismatched stockings/shoes and scary make-up, you'll see that some of the outfits are actually really quite gorgeous and wearable. The pink satin coat (left) and red coat (center) are just divine.
And the dresses. . . the peach (center) and black (right) ones here are exquisite.
Although in some cases no matter how hard I look, I just don't see it. The first one looks like an exceptionally well tailored red ball, the center model looks like she's wearing a blue version of Ron's hideous dress/gown to the winter ball in Harry Potter and the last one just looks skanky. I'm sure in reality they'd wear a black shift dress underneath and it'll look pretty. But right now, I just can't imagine it.

Vanessa Bruno
When I saw this collection, my first reaction was- I want them all! The outfits were all sooo wearable straight off the runway and completely chic.

I simply LOVE these winter coats/cardigans. Seriously, I'm not kidding. They're something that you can throw on everyday that will instantly make you the definition of stylish.
These chunky knits looks are perfect for a casual day out next fall.
Glam, chic, young and cool. Need I say more?

Photo Credits: www.elle.com